As the weather gets warmer and summer approaches, peaches come into season. And as everyone knows, in season produce is cheaper which means you can find great deals and experiment with fun recipes like this Not Quit Nigella Sour Cream & Donut Peach Cupcake recipe. The recipe looks easy and there’s no messy frosting needed!
Sour Cream & Donut Peach Cupcakes
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 175ml/6 fl oz sour cream
- 2-3 donut peaches, diced
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- a little ground cinnamon to shake on top
- 1/2 donut peach sliced to decorate
- 1/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a cupcake tray.
2. Sift the flour into a medium bowl, then add a pinch of salt and the caster sugar. In a jug, combine the vegetable oil, egg, sour cream, milk and whisk. Add the wet mixture and the peach pieces to the dry mixture and stir to only just combine. It will be thick and puffy so you will need to spoon it into the cases. Fill until 3/4 full or 7/8 full. I realise it sounds bizarre but I asked Mr NQN to fill it 7/8 full which was perfect for the domed look.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
4. Sift icing sugar on top and shake a little ground cinnamon. Top with some pieces of fresh peach if desired.