Archive for the 'Contests' Category
There is a frenzy that is unsettling cupcake businesses around America, causing bakers to reach for the video camera instead of the whisk. What, may you ask is upsetting the frosting on these cupcakes?
Well, a little over a week ago, the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars got busy on the phone encouraging selected bakers to consider submitting a video audition for the next round of Cupcake Wars. Lily and Erin from A Cupcake Wonderland were one such recipient and they decided to share their highly entertaining and funny video on You Tube, and of course with you! Good luck Cupcake Wonderland. Check it out by clicking here.
If selected, they will compete against three other bakers / bakeries in a chance for cupcake glory!
Cupcake bakers interested in a new monthly challenge can try Sweetest Kitchen’s Mystery Box Cupcake Challenge. Think of Iron Chef only you’re always making cupcakes. Each month a new ingredient will be chosen and cupcake bakers (you!) submit your cupcake creation using the ingredient. This month is the first ever challenge and the ingredient is TEA! And there are great prizes including an electric gift card from one of my favorite sites, Bake It Pretty! Any cupcake bakers interested can enter by visiting the competition information page.
Do you fill your spare time baking cakes, cooking up pastries or elaborately decorating cupcakes? If so, you could be just what the Producers of ‘Cake Boss’ are looking for.
They want up-and-coming bakers who want to kick it into the big time. The media release says:
“TLC and Buddy Valastro (The Cake Boss) are looking to launch the career of a promising cake decorator and baker on a new baking competition series.”
“This new baking competition series, hosted by Buddy and team will feature weekly lessons, challenges,and eliminations. 10 hopeful contenders will vie for cash and prizes. No culinary experience required!”
So if you believe you may have what it takes to out bake the competition apply now! Email email@example.com with your story and recent photos.
PS: If you do get chosen, don’t forget to let us know so that we can all cheer you on!
Edited to say: Mia, they are looking for you, so you need to send them your story about why and how you bake, and photos of your cake creations. If chosen you will then compete against others for cake design supremacy! :) And thanks for your comments! Good luck!
Oh My Cupcakes! of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, sponsored a cupcake eating contest on June 5th. Oh My Cupcakes! is Sioux Falls’ first and only gourmet cupcakery.
Contestants were challenged to eat as many cupcakes as they could in 30 seconds. The five winners each received a sugar buzz and a pair of tickets to see Sugarland in an upcoming concert.
Carolina Cupcakery wants to test your foodie skills in helping them create their record-breaking 150th cupcake flavor!
Carolina Cupcakery currently has 144 flavors and counting. I couldn’t really contemplate 150 flavors of cupcake, until I visited their full menu. It was a mouth-watering experience. Each cupcake is sorted under a heading of chocolate, coconut, coffee, fruit/veggie, misc, nut, spice, vanilla/butter and special needs. I have a special need for a cupcake now!
This isn’t the first time Carolina Cupcake has called on the public to be part of their cupcake design team. Jaina’s ‘Raspberry’ cupcake was the winner of cupcake flavor 100, – a chocolate cake stuffed with raspberry mousse, drizzled with dark chocolate ganache. The photo below shows Jaina tucking into her creation and holding aloft her icing filled trophy.
Contest entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received before 9pm on June 9, 2010. The contest winner will be announced on June 10, 2010, at the store’s second anniversary celebration. Click here for more information.
Hmm, I have a real craving now for the Apple Martini cupcake, it sounds divine! Rather fitting huh?
There is only one week left to enter the 2010 Ice Cream Cupcake Challenge held by Scoopalicious and Cupcake Project. Daring bakers can submit their ice cream cupcake creations by May 31, 2010. Prizes for the challenge include Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker and a prize pack from OXO.
Here are the official rules:
- Dates: You can enter any time through May 31, 2010.
- How to Enter:
- Write a post on your blog during the month of May and include a link to both this post and to the post at Scoopalicious. (If you don’t have a blog, you can still enter, but why not start one?) Sorry, we are allowing just one entry per person this year – so make it count! International readers are welcome to enter, but prizes can not be shipped internationally. You will win bragging rights and you will have the opportunity to gift your prizes to any person or organization in the United States.
- Upload a photo of your cupcake to our Flickr group. Please upload as large a photo as possible so that we can be sure to best showcase it in the roundup.
- Then, complete the entry form.
- Entrant Voting: All ice cream cupcake roundup entrants are required to vote for their favorite ice cream cupcake some time during the second week of June. Entrants must pick their first, second, and third favorite ice cream cupcakes and they are not allowed to vote for their own cupcakes. Entrants that do not vote will become ineligible to win. (To summarize – you are being judged by your cupcake creating peers – no pressure!) The top three cupcakes as chosen by the entrants will go on to the public vote. All three entrant-voted winners will win OXO prize packs, but the public will determine who wins the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. In the event of a tie, the cupcake that received the most second place votes will win. If there is still a tie, we will look at third place votes. If there is still a tie, we will have a quick – one day only – vote between the two tied cupcakes.
- Public Voting: Public voting will take place during the second half of June. Anyone with a valid email address will have an opportunity to choose their favorite of the top three cupcakes. You’ll want to vote because two voters will win the same prize pack as the semi-finalists! In the event of a tie, we will have a quick – one day only – vote between the two tied cupcakes.