I know we have shared cupcakes with you from The Cupcake Project before but I could not resist sharing these apple cobbler cupcakes with pumpkin pie frosting. Here’s the recipe for the cupcakes:
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C sour cream
1/4 tsp lemon extract
2 1/2 C apples, roughly chopped and loosely packed (I like having the large chunks of apple in the batter – as shown above – but you can chop the apples more finely if you like a smoother look.)
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ginger.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream, and lemon extract until blended.
- Mix in flour mixture.
- Fold in apples.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 cupcake liners (they will be filled almost all the way to the top).
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.
For the frosting recipe, you’ll have to visit the website!