Oh The Joy of Valentines Day! It’s a great excuse to make pink cupcakes. And that I did …
I used a one bowl vanilla cupcake recipe and used coconut flavoring instead of vanilla and i added one cup coconut flakes.
Here is the recipe…
One Bowl Coconut Cupcakes
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup shortening (very soft but not melted, Crisco is best)
* 3/4 cup milk (or half and half cream)
* 1 tablespoon coconut flavoring
* 2 large eggs
* 1 cup coconut flakes
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour with sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add in the shortening cream or milk, cocbut flavoring and eggs; beat on medium speed of an electric mixer scraping the bowl constantly until just blended, fold in coconut flakes
- Pour into paper-lined regular size muffin tins filling under just three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the cupcakes test done.
- Frost once completely cooled
Heather’s No Fail Cream Cheese Frosting
* 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temp
* 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
* 16 oz confectioners sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together with mixer until smooth
- Frost away
And here is my finished cupcakes on my new cupcake pedestal …