Mmm! Toasted and sugared nuts top cream cheese frosting on sweet and spicy pumpkin cupcakes.
|1/2||cup finely chopped pecans|
|1||box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix|
|1||cup (from 15-oz can) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|1 1/2||teaspoons pumpkin pie spice|
|1||container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting|
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In heavy 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook pecans and 2 tablespoons of the sugar over low heat about 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted. Spoon and spread pecans onto sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar; toss.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting. Sprinkle edge of frosted cupcakes with pecans; press lightly into frosting.
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.
**I made a batch of these Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes this weekend for a Christmas Party with my local Moms group. The kids and adults loved them! They were very easy to make too. I left off the nuts because some of the kids in the group had nut allergies. **