- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- LICKETY-SPLIT COCOA FROSTING(recipe follows)
- Blue sprinkles or sugar nonpareils and/or decorating frosting
- Wooden skewers
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches in diameter) with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add egg, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter.
3. Bake 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
4. Frost with LICKETY-SPLIT COCOA FROSTING. Garnish with blue sprinkles and/or white frosting piped onto cupcake in star pattern. Alternate cupcakes, marshmallows and strawberries on wooden skewers. About 4 dozen cupcakes.*
* Number of kabobs will be determined by length of skewer used and number of cupcakes, marshmallows and strawberries placed on each skewer.
LICKETY-SPLIT COCOA FROSTING
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1-1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat butter in small bowl until creamy. Add remaining ingredients; beat until smooth and of desired consistency. About 1 cup frosting.
Recipe from Hershey’s.